.

Monday, June 28, 2010

Jetted Tub And A Chandelier

Every girl needs a jetted tub! Sixteen years ago when we built our home, we thought we were getting a jetted tub in our master bathroom. The builders made a huge mistake in the layout of the bathroom and we didn't get our jetted tub. We have a fairly large bathroom that has a lot of wasted space. We looked forward to the day when we would one day remodel our bath and get our jetted tub.

We met with a couple of contractors and told them what we wanted to do. According to them there was no way to get a jetted tub in our bath. We were so disappointed. We had our friend/neighbor/cabinet builder come in and take a look. He took our bathroom on as a challenge. On the plane to California the next morning, he came up with a layout that would allow us to put in a jetted tub. Yay for Dave!! (See Dave Hall at www.woodcraftmill.com).

We repositioned
the toilet, shower, and tub. We were able to get the jetted tub in plus a larger shower and a linen cabinet!

I found a beautiful gold waterfall chandelier at a consignment store. I had a vision of what it would look like with some paint and antiquing. I removed the crystals and cleaned them in vinegar water to make them sparkle. I took the chandelier apart and spray painted all the pieces antique white. (I took a picture of the chandelier before taking it apart so I could reference it when putting it back together - It's helpful for crystal placement also).

After putting
the chandelier back together I antiqued it with a dark wood stain. Just rubbed it on and wiped it off, leaving just enough to darken the cracks and crevices. It turned out just as I had hoped, creamy and dreamy. It doesn't even look like the same chandelier.

1 comment:

  1. You are sooo creative and talented. I want you to teach me the tricks of the trade. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...